Bridal Fairs You Must!

january2016


Last Saturday (Weddings & Beyond) was the 3rd bridal fair we've ever been. It's the largest so far that the pile of paper I got from there got so heavy it's almost  heavier than my bag (which is very much light being a girl). But it was the most "worth it" fair we've ever been so no complaints here.


We're not officially engaged (not having a ring and all, but that's okay, at least my man takes me to fairs :-D) so it's kind of weird going with no answer to the question: "When?" I know for sure that it won't be this year, and next year sounds too near... but I would absolutely love that so we can get it over with as soon as we can. Our current savings are almost 50% set aside for that purpose (target is 500k) and we have yet to complete it by this year (being an adult entails lots of responsibilities aka as bills). It's not that we are going to spend all of it there but let's be realistic here, none of the friends I know of were able to keep within their budget as much as they've tried so we're over doing it. In my head I think 400k is a reasonable number that if we're that lucky to be within that I know that the extra money would go to more budget for travel which is honestly I prefer than a 50k dress.


On this third attendance (I've had us reserved for that one in Feb too Weddings & Debuts hopefully they have more to offer) it drained my energy going round all the stalls, smiling, answering the when question and writing my details on their guestbooks. All for that so I can get all the flyers I need for our research. Don't get me wrong, Google is fine, but not all of them are disclosed online (Believe me. I was actually surprised when I got this popular hotel's package rates which no matter how I looked never posted their package prices online). A lot of the flyers I got are from suppliers that I've never heard before, or even if I do actual rates are never published. It's frustrating when you cannot get those details you need online, and for some reason a lot of the forums you read rarely discuss how much. It's as if they wanted you to find out for yourself. Good thing the bf is game for this.


So anyways, the hunt starts with the most expensive part of the wedding: the reception. I am thrilled learning a lot of new suppliers that don't make the 1st page when you type at a Google search! Amazing. Hopefully this next fair delivers!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)