My (Cheap) Kindle

After a hearty lunch at Buffalo Wings (Capitol Commons branch), we were so full we just had to take a very long walk. We ended up going to HMR for some bit of aircon (ber month and it's still hot can you believe it?). I've been there before once and wasn't impressed. There are just too many items that are either dusty or broken or old that I can't appreciate what's with the fuss. 

So anyway, I told the boyfriend I was thirsty so we dropped by at Tasty Tucker (oohhh they've renovated the place, it's now so posh!) for a quick drink. When we're done, he spotted the closed area for gadgets and suggested we look. I have nothing in mind at that time but my eye caught a box with a weird price. I asked to check the item and was obliged. OMG, that Kindle Paperwhite is so effin' cheap!

image



I was told that they get regular shipments of this and the cautious me was finding everything so unreal, yet at the same time urgently agreed to buy the item and paid for it as soon as I was handed the order slip. We got home, updated the firmware, made an Amazon account, added ebooks and it still works!

Come Monday and I showed it to my office friends who own different types of Kindle and what do you know, they are astonished as I was! I could not believe this luck!! It's not fake, the gadget have no signs of usage and the store clearly knew the price is correct (even the USB cable had a 790 php tag). So what gives? I have already thought of it for so much I'm now like, WHO CARES?!! At this point I'm just happy I was there at the right time. Even my bf is jealous and wanted to find his own bargain.

image



I think I'm going to part ways with my Ipad2 now, I'm not using it anyway, and reading with it is such a bore I ended up playing games with it, not to mention it's too heavy when I'm lying down. Now the only problem I have is getting a real Kindle sleeve WHICH as far as I've researched cost to a thousand, and I refuse to get a case much more expensive than the actual gadget! That's one ridiculous problem I'm glad to have.

Comments

  1. […] don’t know what has possessed me to check out HRM again only this time, ONLINE. They have an app (browser works just as fine) that allows you to bid […]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)