TME: 33rd Manila International Bookfair

As my yearly tradition of geekness, I attended the 33rd MIBF. What made me excited this year is that 1. Finally my bf can accompany me here and 2. Fullybooked is now one of the exhibitors. Last year National Bookstore has been my sole refuge for novels because most exhibitors cater to students and academic books. Goodwill has a few offerings, mostly old publications and local ones as always. I already have my list of books but unfortunately none of them are available: Cloud Atlas, Michael Vay and Every Day (they said they have in NBS MOA, take note we are already in SMX, but yeah, it's too ironic that I'm already at this bookfair and yet they suggest me to go their branch. I did later that night but they have no copies still :-(). I did get these 5, however, it is a far cry from my back breaking stash last year:


IQ84 by Haruki Murakami (FullyBooked)
I've always been meaning to buy it but the first book was so huge and bulky I waited for it to have a much more carry version. Found this today so bought it at that instant (inspite of the bad reviews)

The perks of being a wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (FullyBooked)
A recommend of an officemate. Plus it's having a movie so I can't afford wasting time not buying the NOT movie tie up cover. Nothing is more irritating than a movie cover (other than series of books or books of the same author not of the same size).

Fifty shades of Mr. Darcy by William Codpiece (FullyBooked)
A mashup parody of Fifty Shades of Grey and Pride and Prejudice, I bought it just to add a little bit of comedy on my 2012 MIBF stash. The premise is just too good to miss. I know, i know, i wasn't able to finish FSOG (my ranting here) but hey, if it's funny, it deserves to be read.

Bio-Eulogy & Nagiisa Lang Ako by Tado Jimenez (PsiCom Publishing)
Well, he is on the booth, I need something for him to write an autograph on so here they are. I have not read his books, nor have I read any local comedian's book so far so this would be something new to me.





See you next year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)