Mano Po 6: A Mother's Love (12.29.09)




Rating:
Category:Movies
Genre: Kids & Family

Note: Ok, BEFORE you raise your eyebrows on why I watched this, please take notice of the DATE. Yeap. My birthday. And the reason behind for why WE chose this does not need to be explained. Let me give you a hint: 'a lot of available seats'.

No one knows when this would stop. I remembered I watched the first one (oh Ma!) and the gist of the story hasn't deviated that much from the original. It that's what they did from 2-6 I'm beginning to think the writers are splicing up formulas over and over in hopes that no one would notice. They'd also made use of actors from previous installments. Only Zsa Zsa I found effective. I don't exactly like her but whenever she portrays a Chinese it's convincing. But if she'd play that role to a million other Mano Po installments it's going to be tiring.

If the first movie you feel like it's some Monteverde tribute to the Chinese community, by now all I can think of is how come they aren't thinking of anything else, even plot wise. If one could even make keywords out of Mano Po it would be like-- illegal connection to a syndicate, from rags to riches and racism of Filipinos towards Chinese and vice versa. And having Sharon crying buckets of tears like every 5 minutes? LIke as if that would gain sympathy from the viewers? Isn't that passe nowadays? I'd had more heart wrenching moments from Lost! Tsk tsk.

Comments

  1. last MMFF or whatever its called movie I saw I enjoyed. Which was also related to the Chinese Filipinos. Crying Ladies. That was maybe 6 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. never saw that too coz i really don't watch local films... yeah! judge me, i'm rude, sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. mano po.. the same prod company that produced manay po.. go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. remembered that but haven't watched it though

    ReplyDelete
  5. at all? really? ohhh... i also got tired of but i do want to see some local films mostly indies. once i get broadband i'd be so evil to dl them all hahahaha... and probably try a lino brocka film too

    ReplyDelete
  6. argh... how many combinations would they do to stop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. last local film i've seen... can't remember for that is maybe less than 2 decades ago. got tired watching, too many flaws and felt like being deceived by movie makers really sucks, sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  8. watch yanggaw.. best local film in the last decade..

    ReplyDelete
  9. next time you'd visit me you should bring a copy hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)