The Godfather Trilogy (10.10, 11.2009, 11.2.2009)

Rating:★★★
Category:Movies
Genre: Classics
If there is are two things that are recurring in MTV Cribs (not that I watch it that much... but a sister of mine usually does) it is when the celebrities show off their bed saying 'this is where all the magic happens' and their entertainment rooms that are 99% of the time, has the movie The Godfather. If it's because it's a Mafia movie or it is just a wonderful flick for them I won't know, but I'm betting that it's because of the first one: gangs.


I admit that I wasn't impressed watching the first one. Especially when I can still remember how that hand of the huge guy, the one that starts with an L (sorry ^_^) is stabbed and is wrongly edited showing two different injured hands in his last scene. Retelling this to the one who loaned me the copies I think he researched about it saying there are too many scenes such as that in the first, but never mentioned in the last two installments.

But what I lack in enthusiasm on the first was erased by the second one, even just by seeing the first half. Having the story told in different timelines had me left so impressed that I believe that the Infernal Affairs trilogy might have The Godfather as inspiration.


It's violent but not too gory. It's intelligent in a way but not that trying. If the movie can leave me that impression I think I'd get more when I'd read the book version. Yeap, I think I can imagine you reader to agree. You see I'm not a fan of the classics only because of lack of availability on my part. I rarely purchase movie copies anymore and I don't trust myself in acquiring pirated. But there are just too many scenes that I felt like having some gaps of some sort. And I still don't get scenes those pauses before a reaction. It's distracting. I don't know if the ones who have enjoyed it noticed but I did. It's more like seeing where the cuts are. And watching it made me half-wished I'm Italian. No, not because of the riches or the gangs. It's seeing them eat all the time-- and always are happy to boot.



Comments

  1. but imagine the pressures of being "acceptable" or putting up a front then dealing with the underworld which you are very much a part of. The Vatican in the 3rd installment did that as well. III was based on the book In God's name. http://wapedia.mobi/en/In_God%27s_Name

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo. loved the link. just scanned it though. but yeah. that's hard. seeking for redemption and solace when all it does is drag him back.

    and i never thought i'd like pacino when he's younger. he's handsome. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh so that was it. officemate loaned me his copy of godfather. and last sat i saw a copy of godfather returns. read a synopsis at the back and it wasn't the 3rd. so that explains it why it's not in the first book...

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was only released in 2004 . Mario Puzo died maybe 1998

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaaa. i was told about his other works. i'd like to have all of them ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kid you not. He wrote the 1978 Superman movie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I kid you not , he did . As I told Crissy imdb settles all arguments

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)