Infernal Affairs 1 (7.25.9)



Rating:★★★★
Category:Movies
Genre: Foreign

One of the things that I was a bit worried about was it looked old already. But I think a sign of a really good movie is when it surpasses time and is still something worthwhile to watch something like this. Even without the flashy cars and gadgets, this is still as adrenaline pumping as it gets. I was even having a hard time on who I should be having a crush on (something out of the movie but I have a need to mention), whether it would be one of my oldest crushes Edison Chen, or now, Andy Lau or Tony Leung who is freakingly similar to someone I liked back from college.

Knowing that there are 3 installments of Infernal I thought I'd be seeing Leung's character on the next ones but seeing now that he's (well sorry for spoiling you) dead by the end I can't imagine how the other ones would be like. But yeah. I loved it. I'd say it beat out a lot of cop movies from Hollywood just by mere screenplay. And wow. Who knew Morse code would be so cool? I think I'd try to learn it someday! I mean, won't it be amazing if I can get to say somethings to people unknowingly?

Comments

  1. There was an Internal Affairs with Richard Gere in it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt it. And Gere plays such a nasty role too. Contra bida does not quite cover it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aha. that's how little i know about movies. i thought he's just in hollywood to play roles for overly romantic stories

    ReplyDelete
  4. so it might be good to see a different side of him. BTW if you have not seen Chicago , watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually I am doing quite well. I only read the title 20 times before I realized it was "Infernal" not "Internal". So my first statement was wrong

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahaha! i always have the same issue... look at this burn - bum. it looks the same eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i did. i loved it. but my focus was the tension between zellwegger (forgive me if my spelling is wrong) and zeta-jones... guess i have to watch it again to see gere again

    ReplyDelete
  8. it looked the same in this 14" monitor at work

    ReplyDelete
  9. it doesnt ed. it's like this B U R N - B U M. see the huge difference.. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see it. But it really looked the same, hence solidifying your point

    ReplyDelete
  11. its really his singing. There was a movie similar time period that he did called Cotton Club. Gregory Hines was in it. That was his coronet playing too. Every 3rd movie Gere plays a lawyer. Shall We Dance, The Ed Norton debut movie, Chicago,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our eyes can be lazy like us. They will fill in the blanks. instead of doing real work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes , brain . I know you have one. Mine has been missing in action since 'Nam.

    (A joke that is Jeffrey friendly)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)