Sweeney Todd (3.15.9)


Rating:
★★★★★
Category:Movies
Genre: Mystery & Suspense
Another film people around me kept on saying it wasn’t worth seeing. Why?! Have I seen a different version? For me it really is good. It’s just a bit unfair they don’t see the beauty of it. I was actually hoping that the reason why they (most of whom who didn’t like it were males) was seeing Depp in a musical. I’ve watched prior that Burton wanted the actors to use their own voices (something our ‘artistas’ would never do even with a gun on their heads and when they have the nerve to you’d wishing you had a gun pointed at your head) and I think that their dedication towards their craft really shows (I really like Carter’s voice. It’s so cute!!!).

I don’t know it with you guys but there is something really engrossing in stories set on such time line, all the corsets, murky sewers, soot all over London and the pale skin. It just seems so riveting. Not to mention the accent too.

The wickedness of the characters were well played, I mean would you ever expect anything less with the actors on the roles?! They act like they were born on that era! I also liked how it ended, that part where the kid killed the barber Todd who was mourning over killing his wife. What I didn’t like though was the loose end on the part of Johanna, in which she wasn’t able to meet her parents and find out the sick truth in her family history. It would have been cool to see her eventually learn everything and ended in the asylum for real but I guess Burton ended it in such a way where he left it to the audience if they wanted a happy ending or not. All in all I think this movie was brilliant, definitely the top of Burton-Depp collaboration something my inspiration Sir Poe (Edgar Allan) would be *proud.


*He may not be affiliated at all but this I believe is around his genre.

Comments

  1. finally. someone from the male specie agreeing! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trivia . Nick Gilder was in band called Sweeney Todd. With a guy named Bryan Adams. The same Bryan Adams worked in an off campus bar from my campus. But despite my age it was more than a decade before I went to school there. www.sfu.ca

    http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=3806

    http://popdose.com/lost-in-the-70s-nick-gilder-here-comes-the-night/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)