Juan’s Bistro, Culture Crash, (Our) Traffic (4.13.9 - 4.17.9)

Juan’s Bistro----------------------------------------------------------

Finally the dinner date of us three (minus 1, she’s currently in Canada and she can’t make it hehe) just came true! We haven’t been out for the longest time and I haven’t seen Chel for almost a year already (unlike Ate who I regularly go out with next to my kumare). I’ve been hanging out with Meanne too much lately but it seems like I don’t have time with my *acquired sisters.

I came there the earliest (even if I came all the way from Cavite) because I was expecting heavy traffic yet I came there no more than an hour. Ate even told me that her biological older sister was laughing of my backfired plan.
Initially I wanted us to dine at Chef d Angelo’s but their place is already full and Juan’s Bistro was not nearing to one. I had Pork Liempo and they ordered dishes I forgot what were and talked practically about everything. Later on we went to shoot some hoops at Timezone (I think I haven’t used my card ever since I got out of college) before retiring home.

Culture Crash -------------------------------------------------------

I finally returned the entire CC collection of my officemate. Again, flame me why I haven’t bought them early on. You see I don’t see it as a priority back then. I used to be such an otaku and would buy anything of the stuff but as I’ve said, priorities. They went out when I was in college and I guess I wasn’t really saving up for it. But things have changed since I’ve read it and now I’m actually thinking of buying those that were available online just so I can have it.

And while in the topic, I was telling my officemate when I gave it back that I doubt that it was a financial problem why they have to stop CC. I just don’t see the sense of why are there still more (glossy) pages and more staff. Yes, I was told their publishing was getting way longer to hit the shelves but I still doubt that finances has anything to do with it. Well, probably one of the reasons, but such publishing with a huge fan base would certainly garner sponsors right? And printers/publishers would certainly like to take CC for more reasons than one. I certainly would if I have the money of course.

(Our) Traffic---------------------------------------------------------

For most Filipinos, ‘traffic’ can only define the congestion of vehicles on the road. To those who know better, traffic means just an aggregation of anything moving to some location. If you can remember those supposedly ‘parody’ of Bubble Gang where they feature ‘Traffic’ in different places (elevator, fish tank, etc) well that is basically it. So whenever someone says ‘ma-traffic’ it sounds like it really doesn’t mean anything at all when you come to think of it but to us Filipinos, it’s understood that it only means ‘heavy traffic’.

Anyways the reason why I’m talking about traffic is because of what happened when I came home from the office. We were (as usual) stuck in that intersection of Molino and Daang Hari. Again, there were ‘Traffic Enforcers’, so duly called when we define ‘Traffic’ in Filipino. I’m actually wondering why we are even complaining when they are actually doing their job so well. Haha.

*Acquired sisters, meaning they are my friends but we act like as if we were siblings. In reality there are six of us (arranged by age), Gie (I haven’t called him Kuya after well... something), Te Jam, Chel, Ghay, Me and Be (or Scott. He’s so huge yet he’s the youngest by month, or year in his case.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)