Alvin and the Chipmunks (1.25.09)




Rating:
★★★
Category:Movies
Genre: Kids &Family

It was almost two weeks since I’ve seen this on Star Movies. Yeah yeah, another late watch, with another sooo late of a review. But I’d be doing it anyway, told you, I’d write a review for every movie I’ve watched given I’ve seen it from start til end.

A weird feeling of seeing an adaptation of another a-once-upon-in-my-childhood animation of protagonists animals, this I liked than the rest. Unlike TMNT, the CGI that was used here was rather necessary (I mean, I think it’s a whole lot of feasible to draw them than train real live chipmunks to act), way created more realistic than Scooby Doo and more likeable than Garfield (other than being a dog lover, who likes a dancing, fat, snob cat anyway?). Special effects that made the movie an ‘extra’ tug, but the plot wasn’t anymore special.

Simple and predictable. That’s how I see it, cues that left too much for the head that it’s impossible to not know what will happen next. But I guess that’s how to prevent kids from asking too much from their parents on what is what. The pool of actors to make the movie work are quite small, but enough to cover everything. It’s like every aspect of the film was done just as right and safe, not less or much.

I’m not a fan of helium-rendered songs the long time I was hearing it, but seeing the actual chipmunks singing, it truly made it likeable than I thought it would. It looked cute and catchy but if they’ve done like an entire musical of that, argh. That I won’t take.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

T&J Weds: Getting a License at the Mandaluyong City Hall during the Pandemic (2021)

TME: Getting your NBI Clearance Easy

SNAP: BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card (12.23.11)